Monday, January 5, 2009

Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds

Franklin D. Roosevelt

Thought for the new year… From Benjamin Franklin, "Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man."

Resolutions for my dogs
1. My head does not belong in the refrigerator. (or garbage compactor)
2. I do not need to suddenly stand up when I'm lying under the coffee table.
3. I will no longer be beholden to the sound of the can opener.
4. I will grow opposable thumbs, break into the pantry, and decide for myself how much food is too much.
5. I will not chase the toy until I see it leave my human's hand.

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to add to the dog resolutions:
    I promise not to shed when my people wear black or fleece.
    I will remember that chicken bones are bad for me.

    ReplyDelete

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.

Harlan Ellison