Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The thing about Maine humor is it takes more than a teaspoon full of brains to understand

Bert & I are back in Bert & I Rebooted.

There's one story - speaking of directions - of a man up in The County, and the wife is getting impatient because he refuses to ask directions and they're clearly lost, so they stop at a store. And the guy finally works up the courage to ask directions.

"'Where will I end up if I take a left?' 'Passadumkeag.' 'What if I take a right?' 'Madawaska.' 'What if I keep driving straight ahead?' 'Wytopitlock.' 'What if I turn around and head back the way I came?' 'Molunkus.' Cecil thanked him for the information and headed back to the car. Once he was back inside, Margaret piped right up. 'Well,' she said, 'did you ask directions? Did you find out where we are?' 'Oh, I asked directions all right,' said Cecil. 'Not that it'll help us any - the guy don't speak a word of English!'"

MPBN

Hear the interview here: MPBN Interview

The TV interview is here: WCSH 6 Interview

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.

Harlan Ellison