Thursday, April 25, 2013

Facebook: helping you spy on people one click at a time.

There will come a time when it isn't 'They're spying on me through my phone' anymore. Eventually, it will be 'My phone is spying on me'.
Philip K. Dick

I think it’s time to call it a day with Facebook.  Also with Google and blogspot. I used to like seeing what others were up to, but I don’t need someone else spying on me.  I still find it creepy that when I go to a site, the advertisement for some combustion text that I checked out on Amazon popping up on every site.

acebook has recently begun a trial of its new "graph search engine." This should scare the living daily lights out of anyone.

…This graph search "feature" was more than likely funded via the intelligence community for their and the military’s benefit. They call it "population centric ISR," ISR being an acronym for intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance. It used to be one had to manually create associations, locations, etc. for intelligence collection; this is called network analysis in the intelligence community and is still done using tools such as Analyst’s Notebook. Now, facebook (and oh, do you use your facebook id to login to other sites? Tsk. Tsk.) has just turned itself into the biggest intelligence tool in the world. It’s not that they haven’t already been monitoring, they have. Stay safe out there…you know who’s watching!

David Fisher

http://lewrockwell.com/orig12/fisher-david2.1.1.html

Stupid quotes are only Twitters in disguise.
Shannon L. Alder

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.

Harlan Ellison