Tuesday, February 1, 2011

He who eats alone chokes alone

Solo Diners' 5th Annual EAT OUT Week

Lunch is what you put in your dinna’ bucket.

Maine Aphorism

image

I like eating alone. I want to start a chain of restaurants for other people who are like me called ANDYMATS - The Restaurant for the Lonely Person. You get your food and then you take your tray into a booth and watch television.

Andy Warhol

Seeing as this is “Dining Alone’ week (February 1- February 7).  I thought a link would be appropriate.  Many of the readers travel and likely have experienced eating alone.  I hate take out food but also hate sitting alone in a restaurant.  Most of the time, I look for places with a bar, watch TV, or catch up on email while having dinner (suppa to some).

I can’t believe there’s a book on eating alone.  A book!

The Art of Dining Alone

He who eats alone chokes alone.

Arab Proverb, H. L. Mencken ‘Dictionary of Quotations’ (1942)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.

Harlan Ellison