Monday, July 12, 2010

Indifference is a crime

If moderation is a fault, then indifference is a crime.

Jack Kerouac

The video below contains offensive language and may offend IPhone or HTC owners.  I still laughed.

The Best Buy employee that made the video was fired.

Wow. Just wow. That’s all I can really say about this past week. It’s been a whirlwind of ups and downs and then a ton of lateral movement.

I haven’t really had time to sort of step back from it all, this is probably as close as I’ll get. Basically, if you live under a rock and need a recap: I sold phones at Best Buy. I posted some YouTube videos they didn’t like. They asked me to quit & suspended me. Media circus began. Best Buy asked me to come back. I declined. For now.

In the midst of all the hub-bub I also got a lot of kind support from all over the internet, including some of which has leaked upon this very site and I can’t express my gratitude enough. I would probably be sitting knee deep in a bucket of ice cream watching Designing Women marathons at this point without it.

What’s next still is kind of a mystery. I have a lot of things on the table, right now, hopefully something pans out, but there’s two things I am sure of. I am sure I will still continue making Also Coin Operated and I am also sure I will continue to work on humorous videos. Tiny Watch Productions, which is a tiny (as the name implies) group of individuals and myself are toiling away on some new videos, actually they were videos we had done  a long time ago, but kind of gave up hope on and figured no one would bother to watch them. Now with renewed effort we refine them and hope to get them out soon.

If all else fails, I could always run for office.

-Brian M

http://acocomic.com/

We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing while others judge us by what we have already done.

Longfellow

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.

Harlan Ellison