Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I'd like my life back

If the agreement with BP was an isolated event, perhaps we might hope that it would not be a precedent. But there is nothing isolated about it.

The man appointed by President Obama to dispense BP's money as the administration sees fit, to whomever it sees fit, is only the latest in a long line of presidentially appointed "czars" controlling different parts of the economy, without even having to be confirmed by the Senate, as Cabinet members are.

Those who cannot see beyond the immediate events to the issues of arbitrary power-- versus the rule of law and the preservation of freedom-- are the "useful idiots" of our time. But useful to whom?

Thomas Sowell, in National Review

I'm sorry. We're sorry for the massive disruption it's caused their lives. There's no one who wants this over more than I do. I'd like my life back.

Tony Hayward, BP CEO

1 comment:

  1. Sowell hits the nail on the head. Once you get government involved it is a crap shoot. The greedy will be lining up for free handouts. Considering the amount of workforce employed by BP, we are shooting the goose that lays the golden egg. I have worked at Texas City, a major refinery, I cannot fathom the amount of folks employed by that company.

    SP

    ReplyDelete

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.

Harlan Ellison